PicoTorrent is designed to be a tiny, easy-to-use BitTorrent client with low memory usage for Windows (Vista and above). No ads, carefully selected features, and a native user interface integrating seamlessly with your desktop. PicoTorrent is built directly on the Windows APIs which means that it is native looking on all Windows versions. PicoTorrent is built on libtorrent which is a high performance BitTorrent library used by several of the most popular BitTorrent clients.
PicoTorrent portable requires manual installation of the Visual C++ 2017 redistributable.
At a glance:
- Strong encryption with support for tunneling via I2P, SOCKS4, SOCKS5 and HTTP(S)
- Works with both IPv4 and IPv6
- Multi-lingual user interface
Supports DHT, PeX, LSD, UPnP.
Geo IP lookups based on libmaxminddb.
(Azureus-style) peer ID: -PI-. Example: -PI0151- (major: 0, minor: 15, patch: 1).
User agent: PicoTorrent/x.y.z.
Native look-and-feel across Windows versions.
Easy to use with high performance.
- Free, open source, with a great community
PicoTorrent 0.18 changelog:
- The file list view has been fixed so it doesn't collapse when refreshing files, and it doesn't show -99 as progress for folders.
- Use IP addresses for listen interface.
- Close PicoTorrent when performing installer actions.
- Replace Breakpad with Crashpad for better crash reporting.
- Allow multi-selection in the torrent list view.
- Rasterbar-libtorrent has been updated, Geo IP lookups have been fixed, clearing column values when a torrent is paused.
- Store state for torrents added via magnet URI which haven't found any metadata.