Ketarin is a small application which automatically updates setup packages. As opposed to other tools, Ketarin is not meant to keep your system up-to-date, but rather to maintain a compilation of all important setup packages which can then be burned to disc or put on a USB stick.
- Clean and lean user interface
- Groupable application overview
- Flexible methods to specify save paths
- Regular expression support
- Group applications by user defined categories
- XML based import/export of applications
- Run custom commands after downloading
- Support for PowerShell scripts
- Online database
How does it work?Basically, it monitors the content of web pages for changes and downloads files to a specified location. There is a tutorial explaining it all. Currently, you can either rely on a service based on FileHippo, or you can define your own rules, even using regular expressions (for advanced users). A similar application, for monitoring web pages, is "Webmon" and has sometimes served as guide.