Bandizip 7.0 is out, still free but ad-supported
Bandizip is a lightweight, fast and free All-In-One Zip Archiver. Bandizip has a very fast Zip algorithm for compression & extraction with Fast Drag and Drop, High Speed Archiving, and Multi-core compression. It handles the most popular compression formats, including Zip, 7z, Rar, and so on.
Compression and Extraction:
- Zip(z01), ZipX(zx01), TAR, TGZ, LZH, ISO, 7Z(7z.001), and EXE(e01)
Extraction Only Only:
- RAR(part1.rar, r01), ACE, AES, ALZ, APK, ARJ, BH, BIN, BZ, BZ2, CAB, EGG, GZ, J2J, JAR, IMG, IPA, ISZ, LHA, LZMA, PMA, TBZ, TBZ2, TGZ, TLZ, TXZ, UDF, WAR, WIM, XPI, XZ, and Z.
- Support Unicode to display international characters which displays for filenames in archives
- Bypass files that don't compress well using the "High Speed Archiving" function
- Extract the files to the destination folder directly by "Fast Drag & Drop" function
- Create self-extracting files (.EXE) and multi-volume (split) archives
- Optional archive encryption using ZipCrypto and AES 256
- Context Menu access including "Preview Archive" function
- Create or extract multiple zip files simultaneously from windows explorer
- Free to use at both home and in the office
Bandizip 7.0 Beta changelog:
- Bandizip 7.0 Beta 1 has been released on Oct 1, 2019.
- Advanced compression settings
- Password manager
- Using an online installer
- Decompressing NSIS format on its own without relying on external libraries
- Decompressing UDF format on its own without relying on external libraries (support for UDF 2.60)
- Decompressing PMA (LHA) format in PM1 method
- Improved speed in compression and decompression
- Improved speed in decompression of RAR5 file
- Improved speed in decompression of some types of 7Z file
- Improved support for DOS SFX format
- Improved support for ZIP file compressed in MBCS on Unix
- New feature processing hard-linked files in TAR format
- New feature pre-allocating disk space for an output file
- (Minimizing disk fragmentation and improving speed in decompression)
- New command “rn” for command line interface
- Changed name of command line compression tool for console (bc.exe → bz.exe)
- Advertisements appear on Bandizip Standard Edition.
Since v7.0, Bandizip is released in 3 types of editions:
Standard Edition: Free of charge, available for commercial and non-commercial use, some features limited.
Professional Edition: Sold to individual users.
Enterprise Edition: Sold to enterprise users. (edition comparison)