MediaPortal 2.2.2 / 1.23.0
MediaPortal is a free and open source media center software, ideal for turning your PC into a very advanced multimedia center, or Home Theater PC, to view all your digital media in your living room. Do you want a Home Theatre with audio streaming throughout your home, a digital photo album to organize all your photos and webcam videos, access to web streams and information like weather, news, sports or Wikipedia, plus a super TiVo? With MediaPortal (MP) you can do all this and more, from the comfort of your sofa. It is the most feature rich Media Center software in the world today, and it's free!
- Watch, schedule and record live TV - like a TiVo, but more, and for free!
- Play videos, movies, DVDs and Blu-ray discs
- Listen to music and radio
- Enjoy pictures, home videos or create a slideshow
- Stream media, radio and TV to any HTPC / PC connected to your network
- Use a remote to control your HTPC from your couch
- Check the weather, news, and more
- Access MediaPortal from the web or mobile device
Highlights of this release:
- One-click deletion of grouped recordings: Grouped recordings in the TV recording folder, e.g. series, can now be deleted with one single click instead having to go manually through each individual entry.
- Radio recordings: You can now skip, pause and resume within a radio recording like in any TV recording
- Manual schedules: Manually added schedules will now appear in the list of scheduled recordings
- Client wake-up at 2:00: A bug that caused a client to wake up every night was fixed.
- Party Music Player: The party player is now capable of handling large playlists with more than 1000 entries
- MediaPortal 2.2.2's functionality can be further extended through the installation of additional plugins. The choice of extensions, while currently limited, is steadily growing. Discover what else is available in our Featured Plugins section.
- A new Trakt plugin has been developed with better sync and watched flags management, completely compatible with the new User Management system, allowing different trakt accounts for different users. The development of the plugin has been moved out from the standard Mediaportal 2 development. This will ease development and bug fixes. For details or manual, please refer to the related Wiki section.
- Webradio allows you to play internet radio without having to leave your familiar MP2 user interface.The plugin comes with over 10000's online radio stations from all over the world. Create your own filter from Country, City and any more. Make your own favorites list.
Moving from MP1 to MP2
- Procedures to install MP2 in parallel to MP1 are described in the Wiki. For all those who would like to move from MP1 to MP2 and preserve their current media organisation, our forum member raffe has created a small tool that will extract information from your MP-TvSeries and MovingPictures databases and picture folders, The tool will leave all your original data untouched, create .nfo files for all your media and copy existing pictures from your MovingPictures and MP-TvSeries to your new MediaPortal 2 media folders. The .nfo files and pictures then allow a smooth and quick import of all your media info into MediaPortal 2. See thee respective forum thread for further details.
Full list of changes
You can review all changes by taking a look at changelog: MediaPortal 2.2.2