PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use. PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
Open and extract 180+ archive formats: 001, 7Z, ACE(*), ARC, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, DMG, GZ, ISO, LHA, PAQ, PEA, RAR, TAR, UDF, WIM, XZ, ZIP ZIPX - view full list of supported archive file formats for archiving and for extraction.
PeaZip provides fast, high compression ratio multi-format archiving - view file compression and decompression benchmarks for more information.
PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (180+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, find duplicate files and compute hash/checksum value, convert archive files...), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure file deletion...).
PeaZip 6.7.1 changelog:
- Updated to 7z 19.00
- Recompiled with Lazarus 2.0
- Various fixes
- Drag and drop extraction results in hiding the main form, consistently to behavior from Extraction and Archiving screens
Extraction and Archiving
- Extraction: "Smart new folder" option improves and replaces "Remove redundant directory" option if the new folder contains a single object (file or folder), content is copied outside and the extra folder is removed (removes extra folder layer and preserves original names of archived folders), if copying the content outside the new folder fails, the content is kept in the new folder
smart extraction is meant to guarantee that a single item is extracted, to avoid flooding target directory of multiple unexpected items, and that no unneeded level of directory nesting is added
Improved GUI feedback during preliminary steps of archives conversion and "TAR before" procedures
Improved GUI feedback running option to delete original sources
Improved information shown about running archiving / extraction tasks
Windows and Linux installers
- (Windows) Extraction from context menu results in a single queue consistently with behavior from Extraction screen, and consistently with archiving from context menu
- (Windows) "Extract here (to new folder)" context menu entry now enforces creation of new folder level (disable smart new folder)
- (Windows) "Extract here (smart)" context menu entry (new) enforces using smart new folder option. This item is now flagged by default during installation in place of "Extract here (to new folder)"- can be changed during installation