LAV Filters 0.74.1 [Update]
LAVFSplitter is a multi-format media splitter that uses libavformat (the demuxing library from ffmpeg) to demux all sorts of media files.
LAV Splitter is a Souce Filter/Splitter required to demux the files into their separate elementary streams. LAV Audio and Video Decoder are powerful decoders with a focus on quality and performance, without any compromises. Supported Formats: MKV/WebM, AVI, MP4/MOV, MPEG-TS/PS (including basic EVO support), FLV, OGG, and many more that are supported by ffmpeg!
LAV Filters are based on ffmpeg and libbluray and is aimed to offer a all-around solution to perfect playback of file-based Media as well as Blu-rays.
LAV Filters 0.74 changelog:
Changed: Using GnuTLS for HTTPS and other TLS protocols, improving performance and compatibility with a lot of web streaming services (ie. YouTube Live Streams through youtube-dl, and more)
Fixed: Keyframes in MP4 files were being reported with a slightly offset timestamp, resulting in slow keyframe seeking
Fixed: Subtitles that stretch over chapter boundaries could be lost in Ordered Chapter MKV files
Fixed: Fonts embedded in MKVs without a proper mimetype were not being imported (now it checks the file extensions for .ttf/.otf as well)
NEW: Initial support for parsing HDR10+ (SMPTE ST 2094-40) metadata, and passing it to the video renderer
NEW: Using the dav1d AV1 decoder for significantly improved AV1 decoding performance
Changed: Re-enabled experimental hardware acceleration for H.264 MVC 3D decoding on Intel GPUs, disabled by default
Changed: Updated Intel MediaSDK dispatchers to the latest Media SDK, fixing compatibility with newer runtimes in the Intel DCH drivers
Changed: Improved support for additional UtVideo subtypes
- Changed: Added an option to disable the PCM fallback when bitstreaming is requested
- Fixed: Further improvements to TrueHD Bitstreaming, resolving glitching on more new titles (particularly seamless branching titles)
- Fixed: Automatic fallback from bitstreaming to PCM could crash in some situations
Changes in LAV Filters 0.74.1:
- Fixed: VP9 video could produce wrong timestamps, resulting in a black screen or other playback disruptions
- Fixed: Decoding VP9 from a non-keyframe (ie. after a seek, or badly cut file) would not always recover properly once a keyframe was encountered