Total Commander 9.22
Total Commander is a great two-pane file manager replacement for Windows, a program like Windows Explorer to copy, move, or delete files. It includes extra integrated applications like a built-in FTP client with FXP, a renaming tool, a disk space analyzer, a file synchronizer, can pack and unpack files, compare files by content, a quick view panel with bitmap display, HTTP proxy support and more.
Total Commander 9 is compatible with Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10. Total Commander is distributed as shareware with a trial period of 30 days, but will continue to function, with a subscription reminder, after that.
Total Commander features include:
- Two file windows side by side
- Multiple language and Unicode support
- Enhanced search function
- Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
- Quick View panel with bitmap display
- ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
- Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog etc.
- Unicode names almost everywhere, long names (>259 characters), password manager for ftp and plugins, synchronize empty dirs, 64 bit context menu, quick file filter (Ctrl+S)
- USB port connection via special direct transfer cable, partial branch view (Ctrl+Shift+B), and many improvements to ftp, synchronizing and other functions
- And many more!
- Fixed: Copy hidden or system file with older default method (standard unchecked) -> no overwrite warning for hidden/system files for which the normal overwrite dialog was shown (32/64)
- Fixed: Overwrite read only confirmation dialog may be shown in the middle of copying instead of at the end (32/64)
- Fixed: Overwrite read only file while warning for read only was disabled but for hidden/system enabled -> still read only warning when using the expanded overwrite dialog (32/64)
- Fixed: Thumbnail cache: Don't try to save uncompressed thumbnails when saving compressed fails (32/64)
- Fixed: Copy hidden or system file with standard method (CopyFileEx) -> no overwrite warning, except when it also had the read only attribute. Can be overridden with OverwriteHidSysNotReadonly=1 (32/64)
- Fixed: Possible crash in compiler library when window handle becomes invalid in main window message handler (64)