"Everything" is search engine that locates files and folders by filename instantly for Windows. Unlike Windows search "Everything" initially displays every file and folder on your computer (hence the name "Everything"). You type in a search filter to limit what files and folders are displayed.
"Everything" only indexes file and folder names and generally takes a few seconds to build its database. A fresh install of Windows 10 (about 120,000 files) will take about 1 second to index. 1,000,000 files will take about 1 minute.
"Everything" will run on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 . NTFS indexing requires the Everything service or running "Everything" as administrator.
Everything 22.214.171.1242 changelog:
- improved thread yielding
- fixed an issue with Everything detecting renamed files.
- fixed an issue when restarting Everything would restart as administrator.
- fixed an icon overlay display issue.
- fixed an issue with detecting renamed files on ReFS volumes.
- fixed an issue with deleting or renaming ReFS folders.
"Everything" is Freeware. If you use "Everything" in a commercial environment and find it useful a donation would be appreciated.